Sunday, April 3, 2011

Why this blog?

Inspiration comes in many forms, but not always happily. I am in Charlotte, North Carolina, looking for a rental so that I can start my new job at UNC Charlotte. Sitting in my hotel room on a Sunday morning, I was looking at Facebook, and found How to Steal Like an Artist, by Austin Kleon. In his blog, he recommends writing a little bit every day. He claims that at the end of the year you will have a large book. Now, I'm not certain I'm going to write every day for a year, but my plan is to write down the things that I learn. I will concentrate on lessons I have learned each day, but will beg a little artistic license and dig into the past as the old lessons come to the fore. So...wish me luck...or not. This is my collection, and it is not likely that the lessons I share will be earth shattering. They will be real...and important to me. If they are important to you as well, let me know. Thanks, Austin...your article was an inspiration, at least to me. -Kurt-

No comments:

Post a Comment